Greetings to all from Kabul

Greetings to all from Kabul
June 08 - From Bala Hissar, view west over Kabul

Friday, June 6, 2008

Hello to All ~

I am jumping into the Blog world...and I don't even remember what the acronym Blog stands for!

The Blog title picture is the capital city of Kabul, Afghanistan...I took this in mid March 08, view from Bala Hissar, Afghan name for Mountain Fortress...site of an ancient stone/brick/mud fortress...dates back to the 1500's...in more recent history battles took place here between the Afghans and British and the Afghans and the Soviets. I have been here in country since 9 March.
Does the title picture of Kabul look similar to what you Wasatch Frontarians see during the winter? If you painted a big white "Y" on the side of the mountain in this Kabul picture, it would look just like Utah Valley...well, almost...sort of. It's strange to look at this Kabul panorama and realize there is an insurgent war still waging in the streets...let's all pray it will end some day soon. Well, this will get my Blog going...more to come. ~GTO

No comments: